000000e4

Aplastic Archived Forum

Refresh
the articles list for this Read Only Forum
2005
FORUM ONE
2005
FORUM TWO
2003-2004
FORUM
2001-2002
FORUMS

Re: long term success

From: Mechelle 36 SAA

Date: 11/26/2003

Time: 12:21:16 PM

Remote Name: 24.69.255.203

Comments

I don’t think the statistics Sue was given are accurate.The only cure for AA is a BMT. ATG or ALG only puts AA into remission, it can reoccure and does about 30% of the time. The other 70% never have a reoccurance. I believe the statistic for Leukemia/MDS/PNH is 7-15%. Most people that relapse after a successful ATG usually respond to another round of ATG or Cyclo. I was diagnosed 6 years ago and I am doing very well, there are many long term survivors. I have read of people who were diagnosed 20 – 30 years ago, in remission and living a normal life. It’s really important to research this disease, and all that you read on the net is definitely not truth. You have to be your own advocate and do the research because I find doctors do not tell you everything re; transfusions, threshholds, irradiated blood etc. etc. That is why this forum is so resourceful and inspiring for those just beginning their journey with AA.


Last changed: September 24, 2006